Monday 20 June 2011

What's that you say?

Until recently, I could have sworn that I was actually quite intelligent.  That was until I started to plumb the depths of academia.

I know realise that I have the comprehension skills of a two year old.

Why can't academics just ASK a question?  Why do they have to make the question so long that by the time you have managed to read all of the words on the way to the end of it....you have either lost concentration or have completely forgotten all of the words at the BEGINNING of the question?

And why all the big words?  For goodness sakes, the "short and sharp" principle works best for children (and men), or should that be men (and children) so why is it so darned hard for academics?

I am really very quickly forming a thesis and that is that if you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, you simply MUST baffle them with bullshit!

No comments:

Post a Comment