Thursday 16 June 2011

Apparently my whole world DOES revolve around the internet.....

Or...how the heck do I function when I cannot get on the interwebs?

It has been a fun 12 days that's for sure.  Not only have I rediscovered the somewhat dubious joys of evening television, but I have uncovered the equally dubious joy of FREE wifi internet at that fine dining establishment, signified by the very large Golden Arches.

This was a necessary evil due to an assignment becoming due in my internet downtime.  I've used the free wifi in the past but hadn't taken a lot of notice of my fellow "diners".

I do have to say though that it was quite surprising the number of parents who are apparently quite ok with the idea of their offspring "fuelling" themselves, their physical activities and apparently, their brains (??) on fast food for breakfast.  Granted, it was school holidays, but to be really honest, I didn't notice a lot of difference between then and the other occasions I've dropped in before school hours for a coffee and some internet.

No wonder my own children considered me some kind of alien for actually getting out of bed early on freezing winter mornings to cook them porridge!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment